AA

Missing Graz Influencer: Ex-Boyfriend to be Extradited

Die Suche nach der Frau verlief bisher erfolglos.
Die Suche nach der Frau verlief bisher erfolglos. ©APA/HELMUT FOHRINGER (Symbolbild)
In the case of the missing Graz influencer, her ex-boyfriend was extradited to Austria on Friday.

The man was brought from Maribor, Slovenia by police officers to Graz and was handed over to the Styrian colleagues from the State Criminal Police Office. A decision regarding the pre-trial detention for his two relatives, who are in custody in Graz, might not be made until Saturday, according to the Graz public prosecutor's office to APA. The search for the woman has so far been unsuccessful.

The suspect is to be interrogated first, and then it will be decided whether he will be taken into pre-trial detention, it was said. Further insights are expected from the direct questioning of the 31-year-old. "This is the next major step," a spokesperson told APA. The two relatives of the ex-boyfriend, who were arrested in Graz, are in custody at the Graz Jakomini prison. They are the brother and stepfather, who, like the suspect, are Slovenian citizens but live in Graz. All three have shown little cooperation in the interrogations so far.

Missing Graz Influencer: No Confirmation of Blood Traces on Suspect

Press reports about blood traces on the suspect's shoes when he opened the influencer's apartment door during the first contact with the police last Sunday cannot be confirmed, it was said upon request. The man stated at the time that he was taking care of the Graz woman's dog. Later investigations of the apartment did not reveal any indications that a violent crime had occurred there.

The search operations by the Slovenian police have so far not yielded any clues about the missing woman. Most recently, a property belonging to the suspect's relatives south of Maribor/Marburg was searched. The Slovenian was arrested on Monday evening in the area of a casino just south of the Spielfeld/Šentilj border crossing. He was found near his burning car.

According to the Styrian State Police Directorate, the Slovenian police are still searching for the missing 31-year-old. A public appeal for witnesses regarding the burned car in Slovenia has been launched. The Slovenian authorities, in cooperation with the Styrian investigators, expect to receive clues about a possible route or stops of the suspect in Slovenia.

(APA/Red)

This article has been automatically translated, read the original article here.

  • VOL.AT
  • Vienna English News
  • Missing Graz Influencer: Ex-Boyfriend to be Extradited